Eligibility for Funding
The first step of the application process is to verify your eligibility to apply for funding. Your organization must be registered as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit and be located within the boundaries of Calhoun County or provide services to residents of Calhoun County (if located outside of the County) among other criteria. Please see the full list for eligibility criteria and ensure your organization meets these requirements. (Eligibility Document coming soon!)
Funding is provided for specific programs following the core of our mission –fighting for the health, education, and financial stability of every person in Calhoun County.
Health - Helping people get–and stay–healthy.
- Community members have access to basic and preventative health services.
- Youth and adults are healthy and avoid risky behaviors.
- Seniors and people with disabilities maximize their self-sufficiency.
- Provides community service based on documented needs.
Education - Helping children and youth achieve their potential.
- Children enter school developmentally on track in terms of literacy and social, emotional, and intellectual skills.
- Young people graduate from high school.
- Youth develop life and work skills to help them make a successful transition from high school to adulthood.
Financial Stability - Helping families become financially stable and independent while ensuring basic needs are met.
- Families have support for basic needs, including shelter and food.
- Youth and adults develop financial literacy skills.
- Lower-income families move towards financial empowerment.
- Community members have resources to overcome disasters and emotional or financial crises.